Salmon Dish: Simplicity is the Key

I LOVE sashimi, grilled or baked salmon...but pan fried? Well not until I learned to make this salmon dish myself.

It took me four years to perfectly fry this succulent dish so do not be too hard on yourself if you don't get it right the first few times.

First, pick a fresh Norwegian or New Zealand salmon. Second, cut it right and pat it dry. Get a fillet cut if you are not very good with knives. Some people like me love to eat skin. Most do not. So this salmon I bought has the skin peeled off already. I bought this from South Supermarket in Lipa City. There is no other place you can buy this variety in Lipa, with this level of quality. The fillet is 225 pesos each.

Once the fillet is patted dry, cut in two. Salmon is rich and fatty so taste can be overpowering if served in too big a quantity.

Drizzle the fillet in good olive oil. Then season with salt and pepper liberally.

Heat pan, no need for extra oil in pan. Once it is hot, fry the salmon, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. That is it!

Place it on top of mashed potatoes!
This delectable dish is filling and it is healthy.

For my mashed potato recipe:
4 potatoes boiled
Two tbsp cream cheese
1 small tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
Chopped parsley
1 calamansi or lemon juice 1tsp

I am so happy that I had a chance to make this meal for my parents! They loved it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...