Getting more authentic with Sushi




At $4.95 for a 750g sushi rice, this recipe isn't that cheap. The cooking sake I used is around $4 as well!

The entire recipe for the sushi:
1.  fresh New Zealand salmon, from $34/kg from Queenstown
2. Sushi rice
3. cooking sake (1 tbsp)
4. red ginger, pickled
5. thin carrots
6. roasted seaweed laver
7. mayonaisse
8. red capsicum

** add some wasabi and kikoman soy sauce

For the salad, I used a combination of vegetables:
1. Fresh cucumber
2. boiled carrots
3. boiled broccoli
4. some shallots (freshly cut into small pieces)
5. some sweet basil
6. mayonaisse
7. some small apple cubes (fresh) for a bit of sweetness

Some insights!
1. I definitely think sushi rice is much easier to work with than any other types of rice.
2. I added 1 tbsp of sake once the rice has been boiled and cooled a little bit
3. I could have added some more greens for my sushi to make it more colorful


Restaurant and Food Reviews
Accommodation Tips
Personal Health
Investment Ebooks
Travel in the Philippines
Living in New Zealand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...