Pancake House, San Rafael, Bulacan, Philippines




Pancake House has always been overrated for me. However, I ate at this particular Pancake House branch inside the 8 Waves Hotel because it's one of the decent, clean, restaurants along the National Highway.




For me, Pancake House doesn't even serve the best pancakes... not even simple fruit & cream waffles (the best one I had was a $2.5 strawberry waffle at Macy's, Chicago). I know that's not special to most people, but that's standard of comparison of the pancakes and waffles. So let's see what I got at Pancake House in this branch:

1. Food Quality, Taste, Packaging - I had this very small serving of Halo Halo. As you can see, the fork is taller than the whole glass. This costs Php 45 plus tax. Rating is around 3.

2. Value for Money - You guessed it. I give Pancake house a failing mark. Their food is nothing special but their price is too high. Rating is 2.

3. Premises, Amenities - To be fair, Pancake house is clean and not smelly like other fast food joints that have pungent detergent odor. Rating is 3.5
4. Customer Service - I asked that there'd be no beans and of course, you can see the very beans against the glass. Always, waiters seem to ignore what I say or they just plainly forget... but that makes me wonder what they write then they seem to be writing down that I requested for NO beans. So I am not happy with customer service. I'd give a tip if I were. Rating is 2.

Now, the rating for Pancake House is 2.5-3
I would come back to Pancake House only if it is the only decent place in an area. I pay very high points on cleanliness and nice toilets. And I would pay premium for not-so-good food just so I can use better amenities.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...