Mexicali, Megamall

How many minutes does it take to wrap a burrito? I went to Mexicali in Megamall, Mandaluyong to order a beef burrito for P125. Good enough price. In USA, I pay US$6-$7. The serving size however, was 60% less. I gave my order to the cashier. One beef burrito take out. I asked it to be sliced in half. She said sure. She charged me P131.25 They put tax. I asked my order to be served "to go" and inquired how long it will take. She said 5 minutes. So I sat for 5 minutes. I still didn't have my order. I went up to the counter and I saw 3 people "starting" to work on my burrito. I was surprised because there were only 3 tables occupied in this restaurant and I was one of them. So I watched the man make my burrito. He put some beans and rice to my burrito crust (whatever that's called) with utmost care. Then he got a strainer, poured ground beef to it, probably to drain the fat. Then he slowly put drained ground beef on top of the colored rice. Then he heated it in the microwave for 2 minutes. After heating in the microwave, he went to another counter section to add vegetables. I asked him not to put tomatoes because I can't eat tomatoes. Then he said OK. He was a bit anxious now that I have broken his routine. I asked if they can put the lettuce instead. He asked another helper and they obliged. Then they put grated cheddar cheese. That's it. They served it to me with nachos and tomatoes in a plate. I reminded them that my order was "to go" and that I don't like tomatoes. They said OK. I also asked them for the 2nd time to slice the burrito in half. From the time I ordered, it's now been 15 minutes that I was there. Finally, they gave me my order, in a Mexicali box. I opened it. Smelled ok. I saw the tomatoes! I guess life can't be perfect but at least I had my order. I liked the combination and the taste. However, this is not a meal I will have every week or every month. Probably good if I have Mexicali once a year... or if I get generous, once every 6 months.

It's not too healthy food for now. The price of P130 for a meal is reasonable but Mexicali has small service size so. The service is slow and unattentive.

So my rating here is 2

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...