I decided to have a treat today, have some good meal. I am seriously taking at least 30 mins to 1 hr deciding what to eat lately because I really am tired of eating fatty, non-nutritious food. So, I decided to visit 7 Corners.
I signed up for a Priority Privilege card with Crowne Plaza / Holiday Inn hotels March 2007 to get substantial discounts to hotel rooms and of course, 7 Corners. 7 Corners is an all-you-can-eat first class restaurant. I've visited this restaurant at least 6 times last year and I think I'd visit it more often in the future. I usually have business meetings here. Sometimes, when workmates do well, I'd offer free lunch and/or dinner at 7 Corners.
7 Corners, I presume, takes the concept of letting customers experience 7 world-known cuisines:
1. American - They serve angus beef, imported from USA. They serve generously of course. This is a highlight for me because beef is the only type of meat I can eat regularly aside from lamb. Of course, 7 Corners also have some fried rice with vegetables, grilled chicken and tuna. I think these are the dishes found on the American menu.
2. Filipino - Well the usual Filipino food...
3. Chinese - 7 Corners serves all sorts of dimsum, shrimp balls, shanghai fried rice, chicken dishes... usual chinese...
4. Japanese - I love this section. They serve maki, sushi, Japanese egg tarts, seaweed dishes, shrimps, crab, fish...
5. English - all kinds of tarts, pies, ice cream deserts, cakes like blueberry cheesecake, sans rival, etc.
6. Italian - they have pasta, bread, at least 6 types of cheese, pizza
7. Indian - they have curry, roti, spicy indian dishes
To visit 7 Corners, you have to go to Crowne Plaza, 2nd floor from the lobby.
Crowne Plaza Website
Let me comment on this buffet restaurant point by point:
1. Customer service - the chefs per section are great however some waiters are a bit snobbish and do not anticipate your needs considering it's a hotel.
2. Price - Each person would have to pay Php 1175 per visit. If you get a priority card, you get 50% discount when you eat alone or with one person. Hence, for me, the pricing is only reasonable because I get substantial discount. Makes sense for me -- a $10 usd meal. However, if I do not have this card, I probably won't go as often as I do.
3. Food quality - Excellent. Though one time, I didn't like the Indian selection but when I ate at 7 Corners today, I was happy again so I will visit in a few days once more.
4. Ambiance - Well, it's peaceful and a bit quiet considering you'd see a traffic-laden highway outside the windows.
I give this restaurant 4.5 so far the highest grade I ever gave.