El Pollo Loco, Megamall

El Pollo Loco has a store around 120 sqm or so in Megamall, first floor, Bldg A, Mandaluyong. Majority of their dishes have chicken except the spaghetti with ground beef and the nachos. The prices seem reasonable for the chicken dishes and the chicken combos seemed reasonably sized.
However, I can't eat chicken because it is bad for my blood type. So I had to order spaghetti for P37 and nachos for P30. I was happy with the cheap price. I had ice tea but I forgot the exact price I paid for it.
Here's a detailed description of the meal I had:
1. Iced tea - small glass, full of ice, watery, sweet. My overall review - waste of money
2. Spaghetti - the noodles are creatively spread out the flat plate so it will look more than what it really is. The sauce is sweet, catered to Filipino taste. It wasn't appetizing but it was "good enough" because I was hungry and I missed my regular lunch hour by 45 mins already. If I weren't so hungry, I would not even eat it. Btw, I didn't finish it, I gave it to my bf after tasting it.
3. Nachos - this is probably the fattiest, oiliest nacho mixture I have ever had. The beef on it has very visible lard. The cheese is yucky. I didn't finish that at all. I am know for scraping every food at the table. My dad has taught us not to waste food. But my God, I will kill myself if I eat those nachos.
4. Chicken wrap - My bf ordered this. After one hour eating it, I asked my bf how it tasted. He said he doesn't remember. Though I remember a really thin piece of lettuce wrapped around the chicken. It was also small enough. It cost P52. The Max's lumpiang ubod is bigger than this chicken wrap by 100%.

Customer service - as you guessed... it's poor. I had to wave my hand more than 2 minutes before the waiter 1 meter in front of me "noticed" that I needed to follow up my order.

So this is my experience eating at El Pollo Loco. From a rating of 1 to 5. I give it 1. So their pricing might be ok for the chicken meals but I will not eat in El Pollo Loco again. It is not good for my health and I am not impressed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...