Breadtalk, Megamall, Mandaluyong, Manila, Philippines


Breadtalk in Megamall is small compared to Breadtalk Singapore. Surprisingly, now they also serve cakes which are not technically bread but maybe they realized that Filipinos are such sweet-tooth people. They also serve fatty breads like sisig-filled ones. Their cashier was probably having her period when I bought some bread last week. She was quite grumpy :-)

Breadtalk is a fancy food. It's something I will not consider for a regular diet. It's made of white bread, albeit very soft, not very healthy. It's also not cheap. Each piece is around Php 40 to Php 50. Their serving size will not fill your stomach after a few hours work.

Breadtalk offers interesting designs and flavors that might be good for "pasalubong" or gifts... but they stand in close competition to closer alternatives like Donuts.

I'd give Breadtalk around 3, as they have an original concept of self-service in a restaurant. They appear clean and organized as well. Price is quite high and since it is a walk in store, there are no real amenities like a table where you can sit on while enjoying the bread. I'd visit again... but as I recall, last time (other than Jan 22, '08) I bought Breadtalk products was in 2004 when I was in Singapore.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...